I offer individual therapy for the following range of problems:
- Treatment of depression, anxiety, stress and adjustment problems;
- Chronic pain treatment and management;
- Psychological treatment of medically unexplained/ somatic symptoms;
- Helping people to establish and maintain healthy eating patterns (eg issues with comfort eating, binge eating);
- Treatment and management of sleep problems;
- Interpersonal, relationships and intimacy problems;
- Overcoming self defeating and self sabotaging patterns in life;
- Procrastination and stagnation, achieving optimal balance between performance and recovery (high pressure jobs, creative professions, sportsmen, etc.).
Depending on the client’s needs I carefully chose and offer to my clients one or a combination of the following evidence based therapy approaches: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT); Intensive Short-term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP); Schema therapy; Dialectical Behaviour therapy (DBT); Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I recommend that the initial session takes place over at least an hour and a half, which from my own experience and my clients’ consistent feedback allows enough time to develop a deeper understanding of the nature of the problem and to get initial experience claiming some control over it. Please contact me if you would like to know more.
Many of my individual clients have reported substantial reduction in their symptoms and improved ability to deal more effectively with problems that brought them into the therapy. Most importantly many of them also gained deeper happiness and acceptance of who they are as a person and the reality of their life circumstances, resulting in higher satisfaction with their lives and improved confidence. Many are now enjoying the process of life beyond of what they expected to achieve.
Price for an individual session is 170$. Medicare rebate of 84.8$ for a session can apply for up to 10 individual psychology sessions per year if you have a valid mental health plan. Additional medicare rebate might apply for up to 10 group psychology sessions per year. Talk to you doctor to find out more.